Friday, March 18, 2011

The Weekend

I am hoping that tomorrow will be another pretty day. We got up to 65 degrees today, which really felt good. I will take every nice day we get and hope for that many more.
I am thankful it is Friday and I have the weekend to maybe get to see my boys. Matt was sick last weekend so we will wait until tomorrow and call before we go to make sure everybody is o.k..
Ethan, my youngest grandson tried roller skating. He said that it was not his sport. He still wants to race cars. He has been helping momma carry out the sheet rock and trash while they are remodeling. He said that he could use his hammer to help. They told him later. I can just seeing him help with the painting and everything else, but who knows he might do better then we think. They are tearing out a closet and opening up the room so they have more room. I will be anxious to see the progress. They have had one of their builder friends check and make sure it is not a load bearing wall. Both sets of parents, us and his said the same thing about that.
 Our oldest grandson is trying to get out of the doghouse. I don't know exactly what he did, but it was something that he shouldn't have. I might find out more about it when I see him. I wish he would play a sport, but he doesn't seem to want to do it. His brother wants to try it all when it comes to sports.
This is a picture of Matt with his grandpa before grandpa got sick this last time. We just keep taking it one day at a time. Today was a problem of trying to regulate the insulin with the blood sugars all over the board. I know that it has something to do with things not working right. We will find out in a couple of weeks if not before. We will see how tomorrow goes.
The next picture is another one of my tea towels that I made. I have to figure out how I am going to take a picture of my table runner. You all have a great weekend and hoping you have beautiful weather. Remember Monday is the first day of Spring. Take care.

5 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

congrats on winning! please visit my blog!
Hugs, Sharon

Art From The heart said...

Lucky day for you. Congrats on your win.
Amy

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How funny about the hammer. Maybe he should wait on that ....lol
Glad your temps got to 65 that probably felt really good to you.
Love your tea towels. They really are pretty.
Wish the bloods sugars were not irregular how I hate diabetes.
I just had to come by and say hello and to thank you so much for the kind comment you left me about my writing..
Honestly honey I can not tell you how grateful I am that you wrote that to me. It means a whole lot to me and I so appreciate you and love ya too.
Have a great week
Maggie

Jillayne said...

Your tea towels are so sweet Shirley and so is your grandson!
I hope you do get good weather - it makes everything else just seem a bit better!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love your tea towel sweets!
Wishing you a beautiful week with lots of happy sunny skys!
xx, shell