Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas will be here Soon

I enjoy this time of the year when the snow is on the ground. I just don't like it on the streets and highways that I have to travel.
Christmas is quickly approaching and I am partically ready. I still have my Christmas letter to write and cards to address. I had thought about not doing the letter, but that is the only time of the year that we hear from some family and friends.
We will spend Christmas eve at our Daughter's with the family. It will be complete if our oldest gets to come home for Christmas. He has been very busy with his new job and likes it. I talked to him tonight and he was just getting home. He had put in 11 1/2 hours and he told me he would have to go to bed early tomorrow night because he had a concrete pour at 4 A.M.
My daughter found out her little one can't keep secrets to well. He told his other grandma, but he didn't tell me. I guess the secret involves me. He is so funny. He is helping make Christmas cookies. He gets to put sprinkles on the sugar cookies.
What has happen to referring to Christmas parties in the schools? It isn't a Christmas party, but a winter party. They have to find neutral things to have for their party. I keep wondering about our school system. They are afraid that they will offend someone. You  will never be able to please everyone no matter how hard you try. To me it was a time to give that little something to the teachers and share Cookies and punch with Christmas decorations.
Well it is late and tomorrow is another work day. Take care stay warm and safe.

9 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Shirley- is that your home in that photo? I absolutely love that photo - and the red house! So beautiful in the snow!

I love reading about your family and love that your blog is all about your children and grandchildren. You are very blessed.

Happy Holidays sweet friend. Thank you for taking the time to visit me -

love you~
Vicki

Gloria said...

Greetings! I am visiting over from "Shop Cinderella Moments" -- that house is gorgeous with the snow! I wonder the same as the comment above if it is your house. Whomever it belongs to it is very pretty. And your big family is so lovely! I enjoyed looking at all of your photos!
Best,
Gloria

Debby said...

Beautiful home.
Isn't having a family and grandchildren just the greatest.
Happy Holidays.

Shirley said...

The house in the picture is not mine. I wish I had a home in the country like that. I just love winter snow scenes. It reminded me of a lap quilt that I did several years ago. It is one of the first ones that I sold. I am glad you all like it.

Shirley said...

The house in the picture is not mine. I wish I had a home in the country like that. I just love winter snow scenes. It reminded me of a lap quilt that I did several years ago. It is one of the first ones that I sold. I am glad you all like it.

nancarts said...

Hi Shirley..That is a beautiful picture of the house in the snow!
Am glad I live in Florida!
Love reading about your family.We are so lucky to have great families. We have such fun during the holidays.
Peace and blessings...and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Nancy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley,
Merry Christmas sweet friend. I just love reading about your family and happenings. Sounds like a special time for all. You are a dear and I wish for you and yours a wonderful Christmas.
Thank you for stopping by and best wishes in my giveaway too.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Your Craft Book said...

Visiting your blog for the first time and I agree with everyone. If that is your house I am moving in, get the guest bedroom ready!

Anne Lorys said...

Shirley, I agree with you 100% about the tragedy that has befallen our school system. Heaven forbid you should say Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays, right?!?

Thank you so much for your recent visit and sweet comment, it truly meant the world to me, my friend.

Hugs,
Anne