Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Back to work

 Doctor appointments are over for this month, but we have more in June, July, and August. We will probably have them for quite a while. They put him on some new medication today. Have you ever had the feeling that they really don't know so we will try a new med and see what happens. He did answer some of my questions, I just have to remember that he has a lot of strikes against him and we have made it through 13 years. We will just take it one day at a time and take every day that we are given.
I go back to work tomorrow so that will give me something else to think about for a while. I have a lot to get accomplished I know that.
I have been embroidering horse's head on t-shirts. I have my oldest grandson's done. I put his horses name on it and tried to make it look as close to the color of his horse as possible. I am working on one for my middle grandson. I want them done by Saturday. 
We didn't go to the air show on Saturday because it got up to 90 degrees and really muggy. My youngest grandson went and he got his picture taken with one of the Navy Leap Frogs. He thought that was cool. He got to watch them fold up their parachute and ask questions. He really surprised his mother with what he could tell her about it on the way home. You may think he is paying attention, but he is very observant.
Sunday was on the cloudy side. The storms held off until after the show, but it was just so muggy and I didn't want to get caught over there in a storm.  Stewartsville  which is located to the East of us had baseball size hail. You should have seen the pictures of the damage. We were lucky that is for sure, but we didn't escape the rain which came fast and furious. 
The temperature has cool back down and suppose to say in the low 70's during the day and gets down in the 40's at night. 
It is already down to 64 degrees after getting up to 72 today. So we will see how low it gets. I hope you all have a great week. I am off to visit some of you. Take care.









 



3 comments:

LilacsNDreams said...

Hi Shirley! Glad I found your blog addy! It is I Kim @ LilacsNDreams with a new Blog Addy. Yepper! Ran into some issue my other blog was disabled, and spent all day Monday working on a new one, getting it back into order, and most of it is done, but not all completely yet. Still a working progress. But, I will have to start ALL over again...posts I hope to find through some of my notes, and different things. I am here at http://www.LilacsNDreams2.blogspot.com OR if all else fails follow my .com addy of http://www.LilacsNDreams.com which is directed to my blog. You have a wonderful week!:)

Kim
LilacsNDreams

Cinderella Moments said...

That's a great picture of your grandson. Glad your done with the appointments for a little bit. Have fun at work!
hugs
Caroline

LilacsNDreams said...

Sorry to hear of all the medial things, and I wish you and the family well. Do take care, and as you said...day by day. Life can be too short to not live it, and enjoy it. Take care my friend. I wish you all well with angels to watch over you:)