Sunday, June 24, 2012

Got Your Fireworks

The 4th of July is quickly approaching and the fireworks are being shot off in the neighborhood already.They had a big firework display after the ballgame Saturday evening. Everybody has their own ideas as to when they are going to celebrate this year with it falling in the middle of the week. I think ours will be Saturday so no body has to get up and go to work the following day.
Even work schedules are changing from normal because some are wanting a long weekend. 

This weekend we got the much needed rain which cancelled the horse show, but we didn't need the heat that came afterwards. I would much sooner enjoyed the  67 degrees that we had for a little while. Our plans changed for our whole weekend, but it is not the first time nor the last time that will happen.  Today has been extremely hot for June. The heat index was 101 which makes you think more of late July and August weather. We were out for a little while, but tried to stay inside as much as possible. I have been trying to decide what I want to wear to work tomorrow with the ac not working. I  know I won't wear shorts because of working with all guys, you always get some smart remark.
My grandson loves to ride with his dad. The above picture was taken on a ride that they went on by Dan's Action Photo,The bike is well equipped with a nice seat for the passenger to ride on. He is such a character and is ready to go in a minutes notice. He has his own helmet, sun glasses, and mom puts sun screen on him so that he doesn't burn.
We talked to our son in Louisiana wondering how he was doing and if the hurricane weather in the gulf was effective him any. He said it was hot and partly cloudy. They were predicting some rain. He has been stocking up on water and things that he might need if they do get some of the bad weather. Someone asked why he was doing it now. His comment was that if you wait, the shelfs might be bare. A lot of people will put it off until the last minute then complain about what they are wanting. 
My heart and prayers go out to all of them that can be effective by the storm. I wonder about my Florida's Friends. I just hope that they are safe. You never know about riding out storms regardless of the type. I have never been around hurricane's, but tornadoes, floods, ice storms, snow storms, bad thunderstorms with damaging winds, and hail those I have been around
You all have a good week and stay cool wherever you are.
 
 

No comments: