Thursday, November 8, 2012

UPDATE FROM OUR HOUSE

Just a short not to bring you up to date at our house. They took hubby to the nursing home on Election Day  from the hospital in a care van. There was no way I could transport him with taking so many people to get him up. Of course, they used this neat machine that took that problem away. It will six to eight weeks recuperating from a hip replacement, injured foot, and they say that he has shingles all on the right side of his body. They didn't turn him enough so he has some bed sores in other areas. I think that it will probably be closer to two months with him being a diabetic before we get to come home.  I was glad to get him out of the hospital, the food and sofa was not the best in the world. I stayed with him 24/7 except when he was in ICU and they said I couldn't.  If I had tried to stay at the hospital, I would have slept close to an elevator in a visitation room. I just have a problem dealing with that so I would make the drive home and go back the next morning.
I have gone back to work and  will go to see him in the evening for about a hour or so. I am looking forward to Saturday because my grandson and I are doing a craft show that we have been looking forward to doing for so long. It will be a good change of scenery for me. Our son from Louisana is home, but will be heading back before long. He has taken care of some things here at the house for me such as putting in light bulbs, etc. He is lamenting he has to shave off his beard because of the job he is going to when he gets back he has to be clean shaven. It is good to have him home even if it is such a short time and has gone so fast. Well I am off to work Hope you  all are having a good week and a good weekend.

6 comments:

sweet violets said...

Hoping hubby will get better care in the nursing home now, that will be a relief for you, and so glad your son is home for awhile, that's nice. Good luck this weekend, I am also having a sale at my home with all holiday stuff!!! hugs...cleo

Vickie said...

Dear Shirley I am praying for both of you.♥

Blondie's Journal said...

Life never seems to slow down for you, Shirley. I'm glad your husband is getting the care he needs and that you can get your rest at home now. Have your son help you out as much as you can while he is home, it's hard for us to do everything on our own. And have fun at the craft show!

Sending prayers as always!

XO,
Jane

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley-
I'm so happy for a little progress and good news regarding your husband. Enjoy your craft show- it will be a nice diversion for you. I hope you will rest better now too.

Hugs-
Vicki

NanaDiana said...

Hi Shirley, I am sorry to hear that your hubby is in the nursing home (for his sake) but for your sake I think it is the best option possible at this point in time. You can only do so much and I think you are just plumb worn out.

I am so glad you are doing something for yourself with your grandson. The craft show should be a lot of fun. I haven't done one in years but it used to be a lot of fun -even the chatting with the other crafters who were selling their wares.

It is probably a good thing that you went back to work, too....and I am so happy your son was home for you for a while. It is always good to see our sons. xo Diana

romance-of-roses said...

My dear friend Shirley, well hubby is probably better off at the nursing home that at the hospital. He will do well there and hopefully get over all that ails him now, especially those awful shingles. Hope you enjoy your craft show and how wonderful to have your grandson with you. Prayers...Lu