Thursday, October 10, 2013

This and That

 The sun was going down and I thought it was so pretty. I am not usually outside when this happens very often. The month of October is almost half gone. I don't know where it is going, but it is sure going fast. The weather reminds us that it is truly fall with the cool temperatures in the morning and warmer temperatures in the afternoon.  

It will probably rain this weekend because of all of the activities going on. We have the pumpkin fest where the club is selling home-made cobbler made in their dutch
 oven over their open fires. I know every show that we had where they did it they always sold out. I don't know if they will have the ice cream or not. They light the wall of pumpkins tomorrow night which is always impressive with all of the different face cravings. It is homecoming for our college and my grandson's school. The high school parade will be Friday with the college parade on Saturday.
 
Momma doesn't usually ride, but this is one day she got to. You can tell how cool it was, but by afternoon it warmed up a little .

One of my Christmas towels found a new home. It was fun to do and the hands are keeping busy. My eye surgery is Monday and I can't wait until it happens. I hope I have as good as vision as my left eye. 

I went out and met the school bus this week one day for my son. He is layed off at the moment because of the government shut down. My middle grandson doesn't usually get to ride the bus home, but has been while dad was home. They won't leave them unless they see someone is there to meet them. Big brother doesn't get home until later. So grandma helped out. He is getting to eat as much as brother. He was hungry when he got home. He had him some brisket that dad smoked, a piece of marble cake, and I don't know what else. He was happy because he had control of the remote because no one else was home. If it had been just a little longer, I thought he was going to go to sleep. 

My oldest grandson and I are going to do our craft show together in November. We always have fun. He said he would have to get busy and make some new things.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful sunset Shirley! You look great on the horse. The nights are really chilly here too.

What about the Cardinals!!! Pretty cool huh??

Beth said...

Beautiful sunset Shirley! You look great on the horse. The nights are really chilly here too.

What about the Cardinals!!! Pretty cool huh??

Susie said...

Shirley, Such a pretty picture. I will be thinking of you come Monday and you will be in my prayers. Hope the rain doesn't spoil your weekend plans. xoxo,Susie

Vickie said...

Glad to know things are going well Shirley. How is your hubby's roommate?

MLM247 said...

Your posts are always full of life and love. The PumpkinFest sounds like lots of fun. All the best for Monday.