Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday

     It has been a very trying week with me and very stressful  dealing with issues with my hubby. It was not a good day at the doctor's office nor when I got back to the nursing home. To read in the report sent to the doctor that they had said I did something that I did not do  made my blood pressure boil. The doctor let me read what they sent. I won't go into it, but needless to say there has been a lot of conversations going on. Hubby met his new doctor at the nursing home yesterday that will be taking over his care as of the first of month. He liked him so maybe some of the stress will be leaving my life for a while at least. I know I have felt like I have been on a roller coaster ride. 
     I am looking forward to the weekend. Grandma needs a grandma fix. It is the blue and gold banquet and time with my youngest grandson. My oldest grandson goes to contest this weekend. He is looking forward to it. I just hope that he does good. It is getting closer to time for show season and I know that I am looking forward to it. Watching the kids whether they are mine or the ones that have adopted me as their grandmother I enjoy watching them ride their horses. I just enjoy being around them and listening to their conversations. They all have one thing in common and that is horses. 
     I have my quilt getting close to being finished.  I made a few minor changes to it in places. I took a couple of days away from it, but I am back to working on it. 
    We have had beautiful sunshine with the temperatures in the 70's the last few days and it has felt so good to sit in the sun where the wind didn't hit you. It helped the achy bones. It made you feel better.
    It will soon be St. Patrick's day. The parade in town is going to be this Saturday. The green will be out in full force and I heard that the local television stations was going to broadcast it live. We will be having the Apple Blossom Parade that is usually in May. More signs of Springs, the robins, and my trees starting to get buds. We are going to be cooling back down, but they say only in the 50's. Just maybe we will have a Spring this year. 
   Well I need to run a few errands. Have a great weekend. 
  

10 comments:

Mereknits said...

Good luck to your grandson's Shirley. I wish it was easier with all the Doctor's at the nursing home. I had a hard time with them when my Mom was in.
Hugs,
Meredith

Charlotte said...

Sorry to hear about the doctor dilemma. Hope you get it resolved. It's been close to 80 here the last few days but in the 40's today. Good luck to the kids.

Susie said...

Shirley, You do need to enjoy your weekend with the grands. Sounds like some fun things are planned.Glad you like your husband's new dr. That will help with communication. Bless your heart, xoxo,Susie

Debby said...

I can't imagine how upset you are over what was said. I hope the new doctor has a different way to communicate and will address your husband's needs.
Have a good time with the boys this week-end.
Weather is warmer here as well. It has been dark all day. I think there is a lot of rain on its way.
HUGS

NanaDiana said...

OH- I am so sorry you have had to deal with that mess at the doctors and that the reports are wrong. I suppose there is no easy way to get them righted either. That is maddening, isn't it?

It will be good to get your gramma "fix" this weekend. I know you are looking forward to the horse season. Maybe your hubby will be able to have someone help so he can see the kids ride once or twice this summer. I am sure that would do both of you good.

I am glad hubby has a new doctor and I hope he is a good one.

God bless you, Shirley. You have had a long hard winter this year with lots of disappointments along the way. Love to you- Diana

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Shirley. I wish you a serene weekend of Joy. I know about that roller coaster as we have been on one for a couple of years with my bi-polar grandson who "doesn't need meds" or a counceler. Keep your chin up and enjoy your time with family.
Best wishes,
Carol

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

So sorry your doctor experience was so stressful! Hope you do get your grandchild fix and a chance to relax a bit this weekend!

Frances said...

I hope everything will be pleasant very soon and things will settle down. Sorry that life is so stressful....
Have a good time with your grandchildren!!! That sounds like fun!

Gert said...

Dear Shirley, I'm so sorry you are having such a terrible time, but glad you were able to get the truth out to the new doctor. Sure hope your hubby continues to like him. So glad your grandchildren are there for you. That has to be so much fun to have them there for you!

Blessings,
Gert

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Shirley -- you are always out and about -- how wonderful that you can participate in so many activities with your grandsons. They are growing up to be amazing boys...

Your visits to the nursing home are so special -- it was nice that you could spend St. Patrick's day there and enjoy dinner with your hubby. Hopefully the weather will break soon and you can enjoy some times together outside in the sun and warm air..

Love,
Vicki