Saturday, April 18, 2015

What a Week

What a week this has been or maybe I should say the last two weeks. First my son-in-law is progressing in  his recuperating at home. It has been a learning experience for everybody involved. My daughter has been at home with him getting things adjusted. My youngest grandson is amazing in wanting to help. He takes and gets dad something to drink or checks on him if he needs anything. He tells his mom if dad is awake or sleeping.
   I thought maybe things would settle down, but then my next to the oldest brother fell and broke his leg five places between his knee and ankle. He had surgery and he has had a stroke. They were moving him to a nursing home today to recuperate. He is not allowed to put weight on his leg for three months at least. I haven't heard if he has any effects from the stroke. He also has dementia. It is the pits as we get older and one of my saying is that we are falling apart at the seams. 
  It is a rainy stormy day here. You can hear the thunder rumbling down here. I just don't like lightening. We got my grass cut, but not the weed eating. We won't be doing that today. Plus my oldest grandson is going to help my daughter cut her yard this summer. He has several people wanting his help so he is going to have a busy summer He is going to help build another fence and actually get paid for helping. He will be putting up hay and who he works there for is also teaching him to drive a tractor. He is trying to save money for a vehicle because he turns 16 in June. He has to help pay for the vehicle whatever it will be.
     The arena fence is done excepting for hanging the gates and capping the post. It looks so much better and will be so much nicer to see that is for sure. The season is looking good and I am looking forward to watching the boys show this year. We have some other things that need to be done and you never please everybody that wants to give advice but don't want to help. I guess it is that way in a lot of organizations. 
    It is a good day to stay home and embroidery I think. I have been making some tea towels and then I need to get another baby quilt done. My last two have sold before I even got them finished, but that is good. It makes me feel good. 
    I will have a family care planning meeting this week. There is a couple of things that I want to discuss with them which probably won't make them happy, but then they are suppose to be doing there job. I think maybe the issue with one of his meds is resolved hopefully. I will be getting a letter from the insurance company if it is and it better not just be lip service. 
    The flowers are so pretty right now and the lilacs are trying to bloom. They all smell so good, but doesn't help the allergies. 
    Have a great day and take care.   

12 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Shirley-- it's just one thing after another isn't it!! I'm so sorry about your brother and your sister in law. I know this just adds extra worry to your already heavy shoulders..

I hope you get all of the issues resolved at the nursing home.. Your husband deserves the best care. I'm sending prayers for you all... And a special hug to you.

Love
Vicki

Charlotte said...

Bless your heart! You've really have had a rough couple of weeks! Hope the "sun shines" on your family.

Susie said...

Shirley...Lip service..come to think of it...that's about the only service we get any more. LOL. I am so sorry about your brother...it's scary. I hope things start looking up for you soon. When you are embroidering...think of your beautiful talent, God's gift to you, how it lets you make something special while you clear your thoughts. Hugs to you my dear friend. xoxo,Susie

Vickie said...

Shirley your brother is in my prayers. So far I only have sweet alyssum and pansies blooming, because I planted them! Can't wait til some perennials bloom.

Debby said...

I hope things settle down for you. Sad about your brother. Glad your sil is doing better. Good for you taking some down time. Things not too great here either.

Blondie's Journal said...

Shirley,

I have caught up on your posts and I'm so sorry I haven't been by. Just life I guess. You have really been through the mill with family but I'm so glad to hear your son in law is doing better. How scary. It takes a toll. And your brother...very sad. I'm sure he is in a lot of pain. Bless you for keeping busy...you make so many happy with your craftiness.

Love to you. I pray this summer keeps you active, happy and healthy. Don't worry about your grass...they let it grow wild in Europe and call it a meadow!!! :)

Jane x

Linda said...

Goodness, gracious!!! You have a lot on your plate and so much to deal with!
Hope the meeting goes well and you see some improvements!
Falling apart at the seams! Maybe we need to stitch those seams tighter for reinforcements!

Gert said...

Shirley, I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. We got a nice rain yesterday, which means the lawn will need mowing soon. Our lilacs are far behind yours, just leafing out here. But oh, how beautiful when they do come into blooms. I totally understand about getting older...so sorry to hear about your brother...I will lift prayers for him. Good luck on your meeting.

Blessings,
Gert

Mereknits said...

Oh my goodness Shirley you have had quite a week. Glad your SIL is getting better, but your poor brother. It never seems to stop does it?

Stay in and take care of yourself, you do so much for others you need to take care of you!
Meredith

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gosh, what a roller coaster of events and emotions. As always, I include you in my prayers and pray you get back to an even keel.
xx, Carol

Wildflowerhouse said...

Shirley I have you in my thoughts and prayers. You are remarkable to say the least. Your plate is certainly full.Take good care of yourself,please.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm sorry about your brother, Shirley. You both will be in my prayers. I hope your SIL continues to do well. Good luck with your meeting! Take care and have a nice week!