Monday, June 29, 2015

Meet Juliet

   I wanted you to meet Juliet my grandson's new horse that they picked up Saturday. She is a 3 year old palomino and he will have work to do with her which big brother is very capable of doing. They are hoping that eventually after a period of time little brother will be able to ride her. His Friend was riding Cleo and he was on Juliet. I got to meet her last night and stay for supper which was yummy. Steaks on the grill. They also do a potato, sweet potato, and onion dish that they cook on the grill. Cucumbers and onions, plus Lemon Bars for desert. 
   They didn't have to twist my arm after I left to the nursing home to stop by their house for supper. Hopefully we will be able to get some horse shows in before long. The one scheduled for Sunday got rained out. 
  Hubby"s roommate moved today. He wanted a room where he could look out the window. I am glad because he was always complaining, talked in his sleep, just to say a few thins. Now if he could just get over his cold or whatever it is. They are only giving him breathing treatments and musinex which is not doing the job. His voice sounds so scratchy. 
   Thursday night is their 4th of July celebration at the nursing home. They will have hot dogs, chips, watermelon, and root beer floats if it is like last year. They will also have a firework display plus other entertainment. I will probably go up early in the afternoon being my son is off Thursday and Friday so I only have the boys until Wednesday of this week. 
   Have you big plans for the 4th of July? I will be going to my daughter's for a family get together. She does both sides of the house at the same time which works out really well. I just do what they tell me to do. They will shoot off some fireworks, but just watching what the neighbors shoot off is something to see.  I always wondered how much people made selling fireworks. 
   The week after the 4th I will be taking my grandson to the Pony Express Day Camp where they get to learn about the pony express trail, settlers, and other interesting history of our city.  They will be making crafts so it should really be fun for him. 
    Hope all is well with you. We are praying that we won't have any rain for the next three weeks. All of the kids want to ride and not in the mud.

9 comments:

Quinn said...

I'm hoping none of my neighbors set off (illegal!) fireworks this year. Last year someone was setting them off for days before AND after the 4th. It's upsetting to all the animals, and there is a real danger of fire in my heavily wooded rural area. Some of the towns hold fireworks events on the 4th, and I hope folks are satisfied with enjoying those!

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful new member of the family (the Palomino) What a gorgeous animal. I hope he is able to ride here in short order.
Glad your hubby's roommate got moved. I remember you mentioning him before. Hopefully, your hubby gets over his cough or whatever it is.
I am glad you are going to the kid's house for the 4th of July. I will have everyone here. We will have a huge houseful with all the kids, etc. Just got a call that my one daughter and her family are coming a whole day early now-it will be fun. Blessings and I hope you have a good night and a great week- xo Diana

Sylvia said...

What a pretty horse. The children will surely enjoy riding it.
Have a great 4th of July!

Gert said...

Oh, Palominos are such beautiful animals! She will be An amazing addition to their horse family. And I know your grandson will do great with her! Sounds like a busy holiday weekend for you! Also sounds like your hubby will have a fun celebration at the nursing home! Sorry he just can't shake that cold. My prayers are with you and your family.

Blessings my friend,
Gert

Charlotte said...

Beautiful horse! We have a family get together every year for the 4th. Hope you have a great one!

Vickie said...

Juliet is gorgeous. I hope she is a great horse for many, many years to come!

Susie said...

Shirley, Such lucky kids to have a horse. We all dreamed of that growing up..LOL. Hope your sweet husband is doing better and enjoying some of life. My daughter had her hours cut at her nursing home care place. So she found a better job elsewhere and is missing her patients that she became attached to. She loved them and their families...so this is hard for her right her at holiday time. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,Susie

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley-- Juliet is a beautiful horse-- your grandsons are quite the horsemen-- what wonderful experiences they are having!

I hope you enjoyed a lovely holiday with your husband and later with your family. We've been surrounded by rain and thunderstorms--I'm actually pretty sick of it all.

Sending you much love...
Vicki

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

What a quilt and tea towel.
I love the horses; it must be so must fun to watch your grandsons ride/compete!