Thursday, June 30, 2016

Are you Ready??

Are you ready for the weekend? The fireworks have started already in the neighborhood. I hate to say what it will be like in the next few days, but probably very noisy. We are supposed to have rain this Saturday and Sunday. We need the rain to keep the fireworks from starting a fire. 
  My oldest will be in either late Friday night or Saturday and be starting a new job the following week. I am just happy that he will be closer to home.  
  Summer school officially comes to a close today. My middle grandson has learned about the building that he will be in when school starts in the fall or rather I should say August. School keeps starting earlier and earlier every year. Both boys are looking forward to going to the Pony Express Day camp. They will be learning the history that is not being taught in the schools or at least in our area. 
   Do you have plans for the 4th of July?  My daughter is having us to her house for a cookout and the boys will be shooting off fireworks. I just know I will be glad when it is over. 
  We found out that hubby is losing his hearing. He has lost 80 percent in one ear and 30 percent in the other ear. My grandson that wears the hearing aid says that his hearing is worse than his. I told him if his grandson could wear one he could also.  I was told that we could get help with hearing aids with him being in the nursing home. He is feeling neglected because I don't stay as long as I use to. The boys only will sit there for so long and then they want to go. I took his youngest to see him twice this month. 
  Tonight is their fireworks celebration at the nursing home. They will serve them hot dogs, chips, watermelon, and root beer floats. I can see his blood sugars now.  I will take my grandson home and after his mom gets home to go back for that. If I don't hubby will be mad. It will make it a long day for me. 
  We don't have horse shows until this next weekend the 9th and 10th of July. He is a little disappointed because he won't get to go to state because of some new rule changes. I think they are going to go watch the other kids show. I may go with them so that I can say I have been there once. 
  I have been busy with the boys and my embroidering. I will show you what I have been doing after it reaches its new home. 
  Take care. Be careful. Have a safe 4th of July.

  

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Have a wonderful 4th Shirley! Hope the boys stay safe with their fireworks.

Charlotte said...

We are having our annual cookout tomorrow. You sound quite busy! Hope hubby understands you are busy. Have a safe July 4th!

NanaDiana said...

I am sorry that your hubby's hearing is so bad. Kind of like adding insult to injury with all his other problems. And-it makes it harder on you as I know it will be harder to communicate with him now. It's always something, isn't it?

I know you are under a lot of pressure to be there to see to his needs but I also know that you need to take care of yourself and deserve to live a bit of life outside of the nursing home visits.

Sounds like your grandsons are doing well and looking forward to their camp/learning adventure.

I, too, will be glad when the 4th is over and things can kind of settle in again.
God bless you and Happy 4th of July, Shirley. You are in my prayers. xo Diana

Mereknits said...

Happy Fourth of July Shirley, enjoy the time with your family.
Meredith

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Shirley..Have a safe 4th.
We have two dogs that are scared to death of the "bangs" Usually we can turn the air on and close the windows to keep them muffled, but it might not be hot enough for that this year.

I'm glad you are keeping busy with your stitching and the kids. I know it's hard for you to divide your time between your family and your husband. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Much love to you. Stay well.
xx, Carol

Linda said...

It's hard to fill everyone's needs and keep everyone happy! Not only hard but actually IMPOSSIBLE!! Try not to forget yourself in all this and do what is right for YOU!!!
Happy 4th and I'm like you - I will be a bit glad when it's over!

Lady Locust said...

Happy Independence Day! I stayed home and nearly forgot it was the forth - which is just fine by me:)

Anonymous said...

Hope things are good at your end you have not been online for awhile please take care

Susie said...

Shirley....I have been thinking of you. I sure hope you are well. Just sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Blessings, xoxo, Susie