Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon


We are having a heat wave. We are a whopping 23 degrees. We have been in the minus so much that this makes it really seem warmer then it is.
We went to breakfast this morning and that is the first time my hubby had wanted to go out all week, which is an exception to the rule. I don't blame him because I don't like the cold either.
Our grandsons love the snow and want to go sledding every opportunity that they get. When it was so fluffy, my middle one was making snow angels. He was having a blast.
I hope that I get to work more this week then the last three. We were closed because of the weather and I still don't know how we will get into job sites with all the snow still on the ground. I keep watching the icicles get longer outside my window and keep wondering when they are going to fall to the ground. We have had more traffic today with the warmer weather, but the snow was blowing across the highways. I just hope we don't drift back in again.
We are to have a heat wave this week. I have added some new items to my etsy shop stop by and take a look. You all have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

The French Bear said...

Shirley, I do hope your weather gets better! I hate to think of you stuck inside for the season, hehehe..... well I know you have to work but, just think if we got stuck inside we could be stitching together!!!!
Have a happy Sunday girlfriend!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley!
Your blog looks great and all your Etsy things are wonderful. We don't have the snow you do...only about 6 inches, but over night we had ice fog. The roads are fine, but the trees, rooftops, gardens, outdoor furniture were sugar coated. All the birds were out, but it was soooo still. it was gorgeous. We couldn't drive down to the house so at 8 this morning we had to walk the acre, but somehow it didn't matter. It was like there was only the two us for miles around. By the time we got out of church.. it was all gone. Of course no camera handy, They say we might get it again....I'll be ready.
Hope ya get to work..we haven't been since the 24th. I'M SOOOO ready to go back.
As always.....friends stitched together by embroidery threads....

Twyla and Lindsey said...

We finally got above freezing today! What a relief! I couldn't believe how warm 32 degrees could feel. Have a wonderful week! Twyla

deb said...

Brrr, sure sounds like your more in the deep freeze than a heat wave!LOL Sure hope Mother Nature sends you some sun. Thank you so much for the Welcome Back.....it may be short lived. My Dad is in the hosp and it seems it's only going to be a matter of days. I was rearended 2 days ago and my van is in the shop. Need to find someone to give me a ride so I can say "Goodbye". 2010 isn't starting out too well...Dad, the accident, my bedroom flooded, Dh broke some ribs....was hoping this year would be better...maybe it will get it all out of it's system, then smoother sailing....
*hugs*deb