Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Day

Happy New Year to all my friends.
We have a tradition at our household to watch the Rose Bowl Parade after breakfast to start our day. We are enjoying a lazy day of doing whatever we want. It is bitter cold here. We are in the low teens, but the wind chill is what makes it so cold.
Are we all ready to start a new year? I am looking forward to the year and hopefully it will bring a lot of happiness. We won't have birthdays until my husbands birthday on Ground Hog's Day in February. I would really like to plan something, but the last time I did he spent it in the hospital, so we will just take it one day at a time. I am working on some new projects that I hope will be ready shortly to put in my etsy shop. I really appreciate all of my friends that I have from our group. It is amazing the number of people that you can find who has like interest and you can relate to. I have found some new blogs that I enjoy reading thanks to my friends.
I sometimes enjoy just reading what is going on in other people's lives and what they are doing. My friends are from all parts of the world which makes it so much interesting. You can travel without a car. It is fun to read how other people celebrate their holidays. I hope everybody had a safe and Happy New Year. I fell asleep before midnight, but our neighbor shot off his fireworks so we knew when it was the New Year. He does it twice a year, the 4Th of July and New Year Eve. Take care

4 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Shirley
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway.
Wishing you a wonderful new year.
Hugs, Tina

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Shirley!

Thank you so much for the Happy New Year wishes. I hope you enjoyed your day dear one!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

The French Bear said...

Shirley, you need a nice peaceful day, enjoy it and then look out 2010, we are going to craft like no one else!!!!
Have a blessed Sunday!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Shirley, I enjoy visiting everyone all over the world, too! I enjoyed my visit with you here today. I am wishing all the best for you and your family this year. Enjoy your day! Twyla