Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All is Quiet for A while

The fireworks have stopped for the evening hopefully. The fourth of July they lasted until 2:00 A.M. which wasn't helping the sleep. Last night they were still going off at Midnight. The police chief was getting bomb barded with questions as why they weren't enforcing the code on illegal fireworks. I just wish after they shot them off in my back acre, they would clean up the mess instead of leaving it for me.

We had over 3" of rain which I was very thankful for otherwise the grass was dry and could cause a problem.
I am just hoping for the weather to cooperate on Saturday. Both boys are showing their horses and of course, grandma wants to go watch. My oldest told me he had a new shirt to wear and it was awesome. It is something when your 11 year old grandson is almost as tall as you.
My boss leaves Thursday on their train trip to Chicago. I would like to take a vacation by train, but my destination would be more to the western states, northwestern states, and Canada. I think you could see so much more by train then you do by car.
I remember going on a trip to Sun Valley with my husband when he was still working. The scenery was beautiful out the window when we flew out so I changed seats with him coming home. What did I see clouds, more clouds, and more clouds. I think that was my punishment for changing seats ha. I really must close as tomorrow is another work day. Everybody have a wonderful day. .

11 comments:

The French Bear said...

Hi Shirley! Wow, I didn't even hear any fireworks this year.....I slept right through them all!! Sounds like you had too many and I can't get over the fact that you have to clean up after everyone!!!
How has your summer been so far? I do hope you have nice weather and a chance to relax!
I am working all summer, i might take a wee break when my granddaughter comes to visit..... hopefully!!
Take care and if you do come up to Canada, please come and see me!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

Yeah....We wondered the same thing. We have our "Town Morons" who seem to think the law was not designed for them & they get away with it!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi! Thanks for coming and checking on my house. It's so nice of you!
A train trip would be very romantic! They have that wonderful Orient Express. I hope you do get to take your own train adventure someday. ;)

deb said...

Wow 3 inches is alot! Is it common for you to have rain this laste in the year? Good luck with the horse show!
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,
We started hearing fireworks here on Friday night~lol!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. Cross your fingers that I sell my sun hats:)
Take care!
Hugs,
Lynn♥

~Let FREEDOM Ring!~

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Shirley, thanks so much for the lovely comments you left on my blog regarding my Peacock Purse!

I know what you mean about fireworks. They went on here long into the night. What a waste of $ in these economic times.

Sheila said...

Hi Shirley... So glad to hear from you.. OUr fourth was good , we had a lot of reunions to attend and get to gethers so much food was eaten.. I have been working on unpacking, arranging, working out in the yard as well. We just got a small amount of rain , but are thankful for what we got. Hope your grandsons have a great show and you enjoy yourself while watching , and feeling so proud.. Huggggggggggs from Arkansas.. Sheila

lori vliegen said...

hi shirley! i hope the fireworks have settled down a little now......we were lucky that we didn't have too much of a disturbance! i think that maybe next year you should take your wonderful train adventure during the fourth....that way you get your dream-trip, and you'll miss all of that awful fireworks noise! have fun with your sweet boys and their horses! xox, :))

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley,
Good luck to your grandsons as they show their horses!! How exciting for them and you. I hope you enjoyed your 4th, and I love the stitches you have been working on. Bluebirds are my favorite type of stitches in the whole world, and yours are wonderful. Sending love and hugs your way~ Vicki

Barb said...

What a beautiful blog header and background -luv it, purple is my favorite color! Ü

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Shirley thank you for coming by and leaving me such a sweet comment. I can not tell you how much these words of encouragement mean to me.
I have forever wanted to take a train trip myself. There is so much of our great country you could see from a trip like this.
Hope sometime we both get to take one.
Enjoy your weekend and your grandbabies
Love
Maggie