Saturday, July 31, 2010

BOOTH IN PROGRESS



I got to start working on my booth today and made very little progress in my opinion. I had to many things going on that was a necessity. I had to go to the pharmacy and that was a shell shock because we are now in the donut hole with my hubby's medicine. His insulin is outrageous that is for sure, but I won't go into that today.
These pictures are showing what I have got done. The lap quilt in the first picture I have changed. It kept getting looked at, but nothing else I put a purple border on it and I think it helped the looks of it.
I have had such a horrible time with work Friday, It seemed as though nothing went right. I didn't get all of my statements finished so I will have to do the rest of them Monday when I go back. So much for that I was glad when it was time to go home.

Nothing like changing the type in the middle of the stream. For some reason my computer doesn't like me this evening , I am having a hard time to get it to do what I want it to do.
I thought I had a picture up close of my pot holders that I got completed to show you my penguin, snowman, and bells, but I have search on my computer where I thought I saved them to to only not be able to find them.
I will post that for another day. The weather sure isn't cooperating. We got a shower last night, but it didn't really cool it off.
Tomorrow will be a day spent with family and I am really looking forward to it. Seeing my brothers and sisters. What is so strange is that we don't live that far from each other. It just seems like everyone is to busy.

The Wednesday tea towel is one of my new ones that I just got done of my blue birds. I thought they turned out pretty good. I have spent quite a little time this week of embroidering and marking things. I have got to figure out to deactivate some of the things in my etsy shop because I am putting some of the things I have listed in my booth. You always learn something new everyday. My last picture is of my quilt after I added the border. If you want to see the difference go to my etsy shop, and check it out. I think I am going to do that to the rest of the ones that I don't have a border on.
The next three weekends, we have birthdays. My youngest grandson on the 7Th, his mother's , 13Th and mine is one the 19Th. It is funny because she had Ethan six days before her birthday and I had her six days before my birthday.
Grandma is feeling old because all of the boys will be starting school very shortly. My youngest grandson can't start kindergarten until next year, His birthday is 5 days late. Matt will be in kindergarten and Jake in the 6Th grade. 6Th thru 8Th is now classified as Junior High.
Well I hope to have more to show you another day. Have a great day.







6 comments:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Shirley! What beautiful work you do ...you're lucky to be so talented! Oh boy do I know what its like to have days like that...where nothing seems to work out they way I planned. I hope things work out with your husbands meds...they can sure be expensive. Good luck getting your booth set up and I hope Sunday turns out to be a better day for you. Take care...Maura :)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
I really like the purple border you added to the little quilt. It adds a perfect touch. I was going to link over to your Etsy shop, but there isn't a link attached to your Etsy button or title. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend. I hope it's not so darn hot in your neck of the woods. We've had a little relief here...or I'm just started to get used to it! No complaints here.
Talk with you again soon.
Hugs from FL,
Donna

Wildflowerhouse said...

Hi Shirley, I am sorry you had a bad Friday. I hope your weekend is much better. I know what you mean about insurance. Totally frustrating. My DH just went through two surgeries last week. One was for reconstruction of part of his ear that had been removed and getting the insurance all squared away on top of all the trama was terrible. All went well but it boggles my mind the hoops you have to jump through. I hope MOnday is better for you. I love all your precious embroidery.

deb said...

Hi Shirley!
Love your quilt and the border finishes it perfectly. Your booth is looking cute.
I hate days when nothing goes right. Meds are just riduculious! The prices they charge for them...and they have you over a barrel cuz what are ya gonna do! Grr
Hoping your have a relaxing Sunday!!
*hugs*deb

Cinderella Moments said...

Those little birds are my favorite! How cute!! Have you ever thought about adding fun pompom type of trims to the bottom? They look fabulous anyways! You're embroidery is amazing. As for me, I'm not sure what my next dollhouse will be. I have special orders to fill and I'm not in the mood to do them! Horrible! Must be the heat!

XO,
Caroline

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sweet Shirley,
Your creations are simply goreous as everything you do. Your talents are amazing my friend.

Your booth looks like it is coming along. I hope you have a better week and get to accomplish what you want to do. We all have days like you describe and let's hope this week is better.

So sorry the meds are so high and the insurance not cooperating.

Hope you had a nice weekend enjoying your family.
I will be on vacation, but will see you when I return.
Big hugs and happy creating.
Celestina Marie