Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Almost gone

Where has the month gone? It seens as though it only started yesterday. I know we have been lucky weather wise. I pray for all of my friends and family that no one was hurt. Our cousin in St. Louis said that it was very scary, The tornado went over their sub-divison and hit the next. They had enough advance notice to take cover. We have had some very cool temperatures and rain. We may see in the 70's the next couple of days I sure do hope so. I want to be able to wear some Spring clothes instead of winter.
Uncle John and his two nephews playing Easter Sunday. Their hats were part of the big Easter Egg that they got. They each had got new goggles for when they go swimming this year. They were having such a blast.

Later they were building cars with lego's. Matt does a good job without help just a little supervision if he doesn't understand part of the instructions. One of his imagination projects was a moving outhouse with the door and a man inside. You never know what he will build, but then when he was in daycare that is one of the things he really like playing with there.
We went last night to see Ethan and his two new puppies. They are a mixture, Part blue healer and they don't know. Abby is white with brown spots and Doc is blue with black spots. 
They went after one and came home with two. To see Ethan outside running around the yard with his puppies is really fun to watch. He wants someone to play with him. He enjoys going to pre-school because he has kids to play with him. They had their kindergarten round-up to get them signed up for fall all ready. He is anxious to go.  

 I thought I would introduce you to Cleo, the newest horse at my son's. She is the one that I think my oldest grandson wants to show this summer. He is going to be taking riding lessons this summer. Charley, his horse is being such a pill about letting you ride. He has tried to buck him off more then once, but give him credit he didn't get bucked off. I just don't want him to get hurt.
I hope every one is well and having a good week. Take care

7 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

That horse is gorgeous! She looks so shabby chic and will fit perfectly in my house! Just kidding! But if I bought a horse I'd love for her to be those colors. Gorgeous!!

deb said...

Looks like 'the boys' had fun! Lots of happenings there....new puppies and a pretty horse...will keep the grandkids busy, that's for sure. Been thinking of you just been so busy lately. Seems there is always some kind of drama going on. Thought that would end with "he who shall remain nameless" left. But with a wedding comming up......nuff said! LOL
Have a great day!
*hugs*deb

Blondie's Journal said...

The months are flying by, Shirley, even though it seemed that winter dragged on. I'm glad you and your cousins were safe from the storms. We were very lucky...we have just had a lot of rain so I won't complain.

Love hearing your family stories. My boys loved playing with Legos when they were young, I didn't like cleaning them up! The horse is beautiful!

Hope you are having a good week and that it warms up soon!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

My kids loved Legos when they were growing up. One son is now 30 and still likes to build with them.

I am not wishing time away but I am glad to see April coming to an end. It was filled with bad storms for us and I am hoping May will be a much better month weather wise.

Cleo is a very pretty horse. Hugs

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Shirley,
Yes, time is flying by and I'm so happy Spring is here...sending you some warm California sunshine.

Thank you so much for your words of comfort for my dear Toby, I really appreciate it!

Hugs to you Sweet Friend,
Karyn

Unknown said...

What cute pics of the boys, Shirley. So hope he & this beautiful work well together ... I love horses.

Have a beautiful day.
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a beautiful horse! I've always been afraid of them. I don't know why. They are such beautiful creatures!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Thank you for stopping by!!

xxoo
Marsha