Friday, April 1, 2011

Hooray its Friday

I was so glad to see 4:30 come today. I needed the two days off and have a change of scenery.
I am hoping that my Magnolia tree looks like this again, but with all of the weather changes. I just don't know.
Is Spring really here??? We did get to 64 degrees today and suppose to be warmer tomorrow and Sunday. We will have a very busy weekend. We are going to our grandson's soccer game. He is so excited. He told me he is going to play T-ball, take swimming lessons, and show his pony. He is going to do it all. I don't know if mom and dad are agreeing to all of that.  They took his pony to get her feet trimmed last night. He fell asleep going and slept all the time they were there. He woke up after he got home and told mommy he really needed his nap. You never know what he will say or do. We are celebrating our oldest son's birthday Sunday evening with a cookout. His birthday is actually on Monday, but it will work better with everyone schedule. He had a bad asthma attack from people spraying their yards. I hadn't thought about that yet, but I should have remember. I don't use chemicals on ours unless he is going to be gone.
He had the city bus pick him up in front of the house. His bus driver wanted to know what was wrong because he usually walks to K-Mart and catches the bus there. She knew and she told him to call and they would come to get him. He took a breathing treatment and did another one this evening after he got home from school. He probably wouldn't have gone except he had a test today.
The month of March really flew by. I wonder if April is going to go that fast. I hope not. I would like for it to slow down so we can smell the roses as the saying goes. Everybody is always in a hurry. You can slow down a little and get there just as fast I know that.
Some of our guys from the 139th were in Lacklank, Florida for an air show when they had a bad storm go through. The planes weren't damaged nor were they hurt. They were helping take care of others where ever they could. We stayed there  when we took a trip to Florida when our kids were younger.
Well everybody have a great safe and happy weekend.

5 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for stopping by! Too weird as I was really thinking of you early this week and thinking that I had to come "visit" you but as always I got sidetracked!!

I'm glad that you have help from your son and you are even able to get some me time! We all need that, recharge ourselves!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, sounds like a busy one!!!

xxoo

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! I just missed you posting by a couple of hours...boy you're a night owl tonight...ha
..what am I saying look at the time know,but I was just up with Dad and I can't sleep well...I've busted my legs again and can't get comfy to sleep..Sigh.
Sounds like you're gonna have some fun! Sorry about your oldest tho.
You might see if the lawn co. uses a shellfish based spray...Scott's around here does and it causes a reaction to folks with allergies real quick. Asthama like. It'd be worth getting them to stop.
Well, I'm gonna try to lay back down.
Type ya later,
Melody

LuLu Kellogg said...

You have been a really busy bee!!

I am trying to catch up on my Blog visits this weekend since I am now back from CA!

Gotta love those grandbabies!

LuLu~*xoxo

Jillayne said...

Hi Shirley! Hopefully you will get the warmer weather soon and your tree will be as beautiful as ever!
Time alone is important to me as well so I think understand what you are saying about your "me time" - it's good to be able to do things you want when you want.
Take care, and make sure you have some fun, Jillayne

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Shirley,
We haven't talked for a while and I have missed you!
I am sure your tree will blossom out and be beautiful, maybe it will be a little late this year.

Yesterday, we had very crazy weather! First a nice misty rain, then rain and then...snow! Big fluffy flakes that looked like torn pieces of tissue paper...they even had ragged edges. I was fascinated standing at the kitchen window watching them. It then turned to small snow and then sleet. Early evening it was back to rain and rumbles of thunder and in the middle of the night we had a good old fashioned thunderstorm with many strikes close by setting off car alarms! Today it is near sixty and we are expecting more rain and thunderstorms, but the evening??? More light snow! I keep wondering if there is a heavenly message in all of this!

Aren't little grandsons a hoot? I have one that just turned seven! Oh what a handsome little guy he is with sweet manners and so smart in school. He is reading 5th grade level, but him on the soccer field and he becomes a tiger and....like your little darling, we never know what he is going to come up with and say next!

Glad you have some help because when you are multitasking as you do, you need some downtime!
Hugs to you and I promise to keep more in touch!
Jil