Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cooler Weather

The weather has turned off cooler after the storm came through last Friday. We started our day at 53 degrees this morning and it reached 80 degrees this afternoon. We are suppose to get back down in the 50's tonight.
I promised some pictures and I thought I would show you the oldest two on their ponies. Jake, the oldest has his exhibition tomorrow night to show us what he learn in his riding lessons this summer. I don't want to believe that he is in junior high already, the sixth grade. Matt started to kindergarten and he was so excited big yellow bus. The next picture is of Ethan and his cousin's and friends at his birthday party. It had a construction theme and they had a lot of fun. It was fun to watch them pin the tail on the donkey, play musical chairs. They are all just about the same age and they did play good together.
Matt is on the inner tube at the lake. He had a blast . He told me it was so cool and he wants to do it again. Both he and Jake tried it. Of course, they were taken slow with them just learning. They want to go back to the lake. It is something new.
The last picture is a bowl that my daughter-in -law made in her woodworking. I thought that it was cool. She went to a class where she made a set of 5 baskets that fit into one. The sizes were really neat. She gave the smallest as a wedding present and put a gift card in it. The gift card fit just perfect so you know how small the smallest one was.


Maybe after school really gets started she will have some me time for herself. The woodworking guild that they belong to makes toys and jewelry boxes for the Lion's Club to give to kids at Christmas. She said that they needed to get started.

I have some new tea towels done, but I will show you at a later date. I hope you have a wonderful day.







7 comments:

Sheila said...

Hello Shirley, Looks like those boys are having way to much fun.. lol Yes we are having a little cooler weather here as well . It is much needed just for sanity's sake.. Just like in the winter when it is Grey to long, when the sun finally shines it is a blessing. Thanks for stopping in and commenting on my photo. I Have not posted in a while,and just thought i would put something up there.. lol Have a great day. Sheila

Char said...

Shirley, they are really enjoying themselves and having lots of fun. Yes, they do grow up so fast, it's kind of scary to watch. They leave the nest before we know what hit us. The basket is beautiful and will make a great gift, Char

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Shirley the kiddo's are just too darn cute! So glad it has cooled down for you. We had 90 today, but that's tolerable.
Looking forward to seeing your new tea towels.
xx, shell and sugie bunny

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Shirley, so glad you came by. Love the photos of the little guys! What fun! The tube ride looks wonderful! Glad to hear you have better weather, so have we, but it's supposed to warm up again over the weekend, I'm SO ready for fall!
xo,
Debra

Unknown said...

Wow Shirley, Those boys are sure gettin big. They look good in the saddle.
I'm glad you're gettin cooler weather too. We've finally been able to get outside a little,as you can tell from the post, but the mold and fungus is still gettin me if I stay out too long. We tried opening the windows, but I startin sneezin and coughin so closed em back up. It's not humid at all, but it still gettin in the upper 80's. I'm hopin when it gets into the 60-50's that we'll be able to open up all the windows for a while. I hate sittin in a closed up house.
How's the booth goin. I'm gettin ready for the Fall shows. My first one is Sept. 25 and 26 at the Harvest Festival in the Heritage Village. I sure hope I sell some things. The economy is pretty bad around here. We've lost over 400 thousands jobs in Ohio. It's scary.
You DIL wooden basket looks great! Does she turn bowls, vases, and things too? She can do the bread baskets and you can do the embroiderred towels to go in them to wrap the bread in ;)
Well, I better be goin I've got a load of laundry to get done...I put it in..Jim takes it out and puts it away....We've got our team work down.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Shirley,
What little loves those boys are! The little guy going for a tube ride looks like he is in heaven doing what the big kids get to do...Our NY grandchildren live on Lake Champlain and do the same thing and even tho they wear their life jackets, it scares me...I never let out a peep, though.

It is always so wonderful when I see a comment from you...thank you!
Love 'n' Hugs,
Jil

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm back! Catching up with my favorite Missouri gal! I see you've been having tons of fun. Those kiddies are the light of your life I see. You're very lucky to have all those precious little people in your life. Happy Birthday! I missed it! But it's never too late for a birthday wish. Right? You're such a sweetheart and I hope you had a fabulous time!

Caroline