Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Weekend

I was so happy when Friday evening came and it was time to go home. I was looking forward to the weekend. I stopped on my way home to pickup meds. I had to take a detour to get home because of a four car wreck that had traffic back up . I made it home and we went to dinner. I wasn't prepared for the storm that came through between 5 and 6 o'clock while we were at dinner and coming home. The temperature dropped 20 degrees in a quick hurry and the wind and rain was something else. You were sitting in the car and you could feel it rock. There wasn't a good place to really be with the rain coming so hard and fast that visibility was horrible. We had wind damage through out the city and we were lucky here at home. The chiefs training camp didn't fair so well. They will have clean up work to do tomorrow to the vendor's tents and etc.
I know I prayed a lot and made it home safely, but it was not a fun drive home with the rain and wind. We had quite an electrical show with the lightening.
We went to breakfast this morning with our oldest. He picked up the tab which he does periodically. It is a way of him doing for us. He went to house and dog sit for our daughter while they went to the state fair. Our other son and family went to the lake south of Clinton, Mo. to see some of his wife's family for the weekend.
Mom and dad was looking for a new tv because my hubby's was working before we went to dinner and when we got home after the storm, it didn't work at all. We went to where we had purchase it, but they were closed. The sign says that they are only open M-F 8 to 5. There is no way that fits my schedule. We got to talking that it would probably cost to much to repair it at today's prices. We started looking for a 24" because that is what we had. Well you can only find either a 22 or 26 in name brands I have never heard of before. We decided to come home measure where we would sit it and start at square one. Our son has a Sony and ours was a JCV. We will do some more looking tomorrow to see what we can find. I don't want one that hangs on the wall that is for sure.
Well I must run. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.


3 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

I hate shopping for TVs! It's like getting an appliance for me! No fun!
I hope you found one at a great price.

Caroline

Arti said...

Thank God you reached good safely... It can be pretty worse with joy visibility and heavy pain... First time to your blog and enjoyed my stay throughly...
Have a nice day:)

stefanie said...

wow, rain...it is scary driving in it!