Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's Wednesday

The week is quickly flying by and I wish it would slow down. Our accountant wants my year end stuff by the end of the month. I don't know if I will make it or not. I told her I would try to accomplish it.
We cooled down a little today. Yesterday was the worse that we have had in a long time. Of course, it had to be election day. We didn't have that big of a turnout. They thought it had a lot to do with the weather and people just didn't get out unless they absolutely had to go somewhere.
The Chief's training camp has been going on about a week in our city. Tonight was the first traffic problem that I have seen so far, but this was the first evening practice. They have found out that our weather can be something else. It is surprising how it has been all over and just not in one spot this year when it came to the snow, floods, and heat. I think the only difference has basically been the humidity.
My youngest grandson wanted to go swimming. He had been bugging mommy and daddy about taking his floating device off. He told them he could swim, which he can't, so they did let him take it off and he sank. The episode taught him how to not open his mouth until his head was out of the water. He isn't afraid of the water, but he will be taking lessons again this fall. His other grandparents always take their travel trailer down to the state fair where they spend their vacation. There is quite a group of friends that meet there at the fair. They were taking it down so they could get the spot that they like. Ethan was going with them to take it down. He was excitied because he was going camping. He had to pack his special toys in the trailer the spot that grandpa build specially for him.
Try to stay as cool as possible. Take care.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley!
I was daydreaming a little...it's still in the upper 80's and the humidity is almost 100. we have storm watches out til 2a. LOL..we ate inside. Jim dislocated his pinky finger and got a hairline fracture in it today at work. An air ratchet bounced back and he got his pinky stuck in a vent hole or something...anyway it was a fresky thing. OOPs...it's lightening. We had a storm go thru at 3:30 and now there's another coming. It did not cool it at all and the humidity is still stifeling.
I Hate Paperwork!! Hope you get your done so you don't have to worry about it for a while.
Sounds like fun to take a 5th wheel to the fair. We'd love to have one to go antiqueing and going to the Mountains, but they are expensive. Well, I better get goin..I hear thunder in the far off. I'm glad you stopped by today.

Unknown said...

We are still in the 7+weeks of 'flip me over, I'm done on that side' heat waves ... horrible humidity & no rain! Every now & then we get a 10-drop spit.

Love the gr-son wanting to swim ... ours went thru the exact same, sank, came up & changed his mind quickly.

Have a lovely eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
Glad you hear you got a little reprieve from the heat. It's been hot here, too...as usual for summers in south Florida. We'll cool off soon enough. It just makes it easier to stay inside and play in the studio!
Hugs from Florida,
xoxo
Donna

himlaverket said...

Lovely blog of yours...

Lynn said...

It is still very hot here in Canada, where I am anyway, we are in the Niagara area. I don't know , but it seems like the hottest summer I have known, but then again I do have the hot flashes now so it could just be my imagination LOL
Love the sweet bluebirds you have been stitching Shirley, stay inside and do more where it's cool :)

Cinderella Moments said...

I'd rather have the heat than the cold and snow! So I'm appreciating every minute of this 104 degrees! It'll be back to nasty cold weather before I know it. I'm a summer girl, what can I say! Don't work too hard Shirley!

Caroline

nancarts said...

Hi Shirley!
Enjoyed looking at your work...you have been busy. The pieces are beautiful. Let us see your booth when it is ready!
Know about the heat...it has been hot here as well..thank goodness for a/c!!

Stay cool.
Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy